Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Family (Father and Mother I Love You)

Thankful for so many things and so many people. If there was anyone outside of my own household and the family I helped create with my Farmer, it would of course be my Mom and Dad. I am blessed with parents who live less than a half hour away from me, aren't a long distance phone and are ready and willing to drop everything to help, anytime I ask.
Just a few years shy of a half century of marriage, I think that they are in love more today than they ever were. I think about how I perceive their relationship and how I have seen it evolve over the years. It's a reminder that, you don't just fall in love once in a lifetime, if you are very lucky, you fall in love with the same person over and over, throughout your lifetime.
My mom and dad are the perfect example of that. They had their years of working and raising a family, the years of grown kids spreading their wings, adding in-laws to the mix, semi-retirement, grandkids, now retirement. They built a house. They owned a business. Through it all I think that they just continue to show us what lasting love is all about.
They aren't perfect, none of us are. Sure there are the conversations where its evident they are aware of each others imperfections, but the love always wins out. Because of this strong bond, they totally rock as parents. I am thankful that I have never had serious problems in my own marriage, but even when those littlest of things come up, they are very good at putting it into perspective and reminding me that I am blessed. They can build me up high. They can give me a reality check. They always seem to know what I need. Because they know what it takes.
Feeling thankful for and blessed by the greatest parents in the world,
From Tulip~
KH
:)

No comments: