Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Crockpot Beef Brisket

Beef Brisket from Kitchen Counter Chronicles

A few days ago, I promised another recipe post. In sharing recipes on this blog, my usual routine is to make the food, take pictures during the prep and then write up the blog entry. Well, life got in the way. But I have talked and talked about this recipe to so many people, I wanted to be sure and share the link to the recipe.

Kitchen Counter Chronicles is a blog I came across several weeks ago in my search to find some way to prepare beef brisket. It's one cut of meat that I love to eat, when someone else cooks it, but I have never figured out a prep that I was happy with the results-----------UNTIL NOW.

This summer with all the changes from the norm that my household is transitioning through, I have done quite a bit of research into recipes that my kids can help prepare, since they are generally home more than I am. I have also tried to really consider my resources and use up what we have, so some creative uses for cuts of meat that I am lucky enough to already have in my freezer was part of that research. Our kids are getting older and are more able to help out in this way. I am also in hopes that I am helping them be better prepared for adult life in all of these skills that they are learning. That is my consolation for the mother guilt that plagues me being away from them so much of the time.

Anyway, back to the brisket. This is the easiest prep I have found for brisket and totally rocks fixing it in the Crockpot as the house doesn't get heated up. We have eaten it both sliced and shredded, love it each way. Go check out the link and enjoy a hearty meal with your family.

Quick post from 'work' as I try to organize the rest of my day,
(not) From Tulip~
KH

No comments: